- Entries should be written in English and strictly non-fiction.
- Entries should be written only for this competition. Previously published articles will not be accepted.
- Entries should be 1000 words in total length. In addition, upto 10 reference sources or links can be included. These will not be counted towards the final word count. One image can be included.
- Entries should be written by a single author. No collaborations.
- Field-specific scientific jargon should be avoided or explained.
- Entries should be typed in Arial font size 12, double spacing and have pages numbered.
- Please also include title and word count as the first two lines of the article. These will not be counted towards the final word count.
- All students of the BMS course in ANDC are welcome to apply
- Send email with subject “SciComm Competition Entry”
- Examples of essays –
Deadline: August 31st 2017
The first, second and third prize winners will be invited to a growing online community of Indian science communicators on Slack, opening possibilities for future collaborative projects and submissions. IndSciComm will help polish your work for submission to our blog and media outlets such as Newslaundry and The Wire.